Status of provisional CAG Empanelment for FY 2020-21 along with score points of applicant CA Firms/LLPs will be available from 28th May 2020 to 4th June 2020 on the CAG website, for review by all concerned. Representations for any rectification may be sent through email, latest by 4th June 2020.
Applications were invited from CA Firms/ LLPs for CAG empanelment, i.e. as Auditors of Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs), for Financial Year (FY) 2020-21.
CA Firms empanelled by Office of CAG will be appointed as statutory auditors for the FY 2020-21 in Government Companies/ PSUs, including Autonomous Bodies, as may be decided, in line with provisions of the Companies Act 2013. Filing of Empanelment Applications and generation of Acknowledgement Letter ‘ONLINE’ are mandatory, failing which applications will not be considered for empanelment. Further, the applicant Audit Firms/ LLPs are required to submit a print out of such ‘ONLINE’ generated acknowledgement letter along with hard copies of supporting documents by 28th February, 2020.
Empanelment with the O/o C&AG of India for the year 2020-2021
The status of provisional Empanelment along with the provisional score points with respect to the Chartered Accountant firms/LLPs firms who have applied for empanelment with O/o C&AG of India for the year 2020-21 will be available from May 28th, 2020 to June 04th, 2020 on the website www.care.cag.gov.in.
All concerned are requested to visit the website and view their status and points. Representations, for any rectification of clerical mistakes in the online data may be sent through email at email@example.com latest by 04.06.2020.
For any further query or clarification, please contact to the O/o C&AG at 011-23509223/240.
Extension of the Last Date for submission of application for Empanelment of Chartered Accountants firms/LLPs with O/o C&AG for the year 2020-21
Considering the difficulties faced by Chartered Accountant firms/LLPs in submitting the online empanelment for audit of PSUs for the year 2020-21, the office of C&AG at the request of ICAI has extended the last date for submission of online application from 14th February, 2020 to 2nd March, 2020 as a onetime relief. Further, the last date for submission of hard copy of the documents at O/o C&AG also stand extended from 28th February, 2020 to 6th March, 2020. Interested members may avail the online application at the following URL: http://care.cag.gov.in
For any query/issue, please contact O/o C&AG at firstname.lastname@example.org, 011-23509223, 011-23509269, 011-23509240 and PDC Secretariat, ICAI at email@example.com or at 011-30110411/44.
OFFICE OF THE COMPTROLLER AND AUDITOR GENERAL OF INDIA 9, DEEN DAYAL UPADHYAYA MARG, NEW DELHI – 110 002
Empanelment of Chartered Accountant firms/LLPs for the year 2020-2021
Online Applications are invited from Chartered Accountant firms/LLPs who desire to be empanelled with the office of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India for the year 2020-2021 for the purpose of appointment of auditors of Companies as per Sections 139 (5) and 139(7) of the Companies Act 2013 and of Statutory Corporations/Autonomous Bodies as per the provisions of their respective Acts. The online application along with detailed instructions in this regard will be available on our website www.cag.gov.in from 1 January 2020 to 14 February 2020. The firms/LLPs can apply/update the data showing the status of their firm as on 1 January 2020. After filling/updating the data, the firms/LLPs will be required to generate online acknowledgement letter for the year. If the firms/LLPs fail to generate online acknowledgment letter, their application would not be considered for empanelment. The firms/LLPs will be required to submit a print out of the acknowledgement letter generated online and also hard copies of the documents in support of their online application by 28 February 2020.
ICAI Extends MEF/ CAG Empanelment cut-off date from 31 January to 29 February 2020
ICAI has extended the cut off date for MEF/ CAG Empanelment from 31st January to 29th February 2020, i.e. ICAI has extended the due date for submission of all forms from 31st January to 29th February, 2020 and has waived all condonation fees as one time measure, which would automatically allow extended cut-off date for CAG and MEF Empanelment.
General Instructions for CAG Empanelment 2020-21
1. Chartered Accountant firms (firms) and Limited Liability Partnership firm (LLPs) in the country with at least one full time FCA (Partner/Sole Proprietor) as on 1 January 2020 can apply for empanelment with the office of the CAG of India for the year 2020-2021 for the purpose of appointment of auditors of Companies as per Section 139 (5) and 139(7) of the Companies Act 2013 and of Statutory Corporations/Autonomous Bodies as per the provisions of their respective Acts.
2. The firms/LLPs who intend to be empanelled with this office need to submit their application online from 1 January to 14 February 2020 on the website www.cag.gov.in. It is advised to submit the application well in advance to avoid last minute rush.
3. The information to be given in the application should be the position as on 1 January 2020. Firms/LLPs that are already empanelled with the CAG’s office need to only modify the information that is already available in the application format for changes if any, reflecting the status of such firms as on 1 January 2020.
4. Firms/LLPs that are seeking empanelment for the first time should provide information as on 1 January 2020.
5. The information filed online in the application can be edited/modified any number of times till last date of submission.
6. The firms/LLPs are required to submit/upload scanned copies of documents while submitting the online application. A copy of these documents is also required to be sent through post/courier which should reach this office latest by 28 February 2020. Only applications complete in all respects will be considered for empanelment. Incomplete application/documents received after the prescribed last date will not be entertained.
7. All applicant firms/LLPs, after filing the online application form and uploading the documents, will have to generate online acknowledgement number for the year 2020-2021 and only firms/ LLPs that have generated the online acknowledgement number for the year 2020-2021 will be considered for empanelment.
8. The online data submitted by the firms/LLPs should match with the updated data of the firms/LLPs available with the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India showing the position as on 1 January 2020. It may however be noted that any changes in data occurring after 1 January 2020 that lead to reduction in the rank of the applicant firm/LLP shall be taken into account.
9. The applicant firms/LLPs are required to furnish the following documents:
i. Acknowledgement letter for the year 2020-2021 generated after filing online application and uploading documents. (To be submitted with hard copy only).
ii. Statement I: Undertaking signed by the partners/sole proprietor of the firm/LLP.
iii. Statement II: Signatures of CA employees of the firm/LLP.
iv. Copy of the Income Tax return of the firm/LLP along with computation of income for the assessment year 2019-2020 including distribution of income to partners.
v. Income tax return for the assessment year 2019-2020 in respect of the partners who joined the firm/LLP as partners in the firm/LLP after 1 April 2018 but prior to such joining, were associated as CA employees in the firm/LLP.
vi. Copy of the annual accounts of the firm for the financial year 2018-2019
vii. Copy of schedules to annual accounts for the financial year 2018-2019 indicating the distribution of income (including share of profit/loss, remuneration and interest on capital) among the partners.
viii. Statement-III: Details of GST paid by the firm/LLP for the financial year 2018-19.
ix. In case of CISA qualified members, self attested copy of the final CISA certificate granted by the “Information Systems Audit and Control Association”, USA and an undertaking as per Statement-IV.
x. Duly filled up check list of the documents as per format. (To be placed on the top).
10. The above documents should be addressed to:
The Director General (Commercial), Office of the Comptroller & Auditor General of India, 10, Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi-110002.
11. On the top of the envelope containing the documents, the following should be stated:
“Application for empanelment of CA firms/LLPs with office of the CAG of India”.
12. The documents should be properly tagged and page numbered. This office owns no responsibility for loss of any documents, which are not properly tagged or sent subsequently in piecemeal.
13. Non submission of the documents listed at S.No. 9 above may result in non-consideration of the application for empanelment filed online by the firm/LLP.
14. Partners and CA employees whose data is filed by the firm/LLP in the online application but whose signatures are not furnished in Statement I and Statement II, respectively, will not be considered for empanelment and award of points.
15. Break-up of income of partners filed during online application should match with the distribution of income as reflected in the schedules to the Annual Accounts as mentioned in S.No. 9, item vi above. In case of mismatch between these two in respect of any of the partners, such partner will not be considered for the purpose of empanelment and award of points.
16. A provisional panel will be made available on the website from 01.05.2020 to 11.05.2020 indicating the position of empanelment and point score of the firm/LLP. Representation, if any, for clerical mistake made by the firm/LLP, in the online data only, will be accepted upto 11.05.2020. The representation will be considered on merit on case to case basis. No representation of any kind will be entertained after 11.05.2020.
17. The CAG reserves the right to call for additional information with regard to the online application and documents submitted by the firm/LLP.
18. The information submitted by the applicant firms/LLPs is subject to verification with the details to be provided by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India and any other organization(s) as may be required. If any of the information so furnished is later found to be not correct or false or there has been suppression of material information, the firm/LLP would stand disqualified from empanelment/allotment of audit for 3 to 5 years and might also be liable for disciplinary action under the Chartered Accountants Act, 1949 and the regulations framed there-under.
19. After finalisation of the panel, the same will be displayed on the website www.cag.gov.in from where the empanelled firms/LLPs will be able to take print out of the empanelment letter.
20. The decision of the Office of the CAG of India, with regard to empanelment of firm/LLP and consideration for appointment as auditor, will be final.
21. This office reserves the right to inspect the offices of the Chartered Accountant firms/LLPs empanelled with this office to verify the correctness of the information furnished in the application for empanelment.
22. This office reserves the right to take necessary action in case the firm/LLP refuses to take up the audit assignment without valid reason.
23. It may be noted that the data filed by the firms/LLPs will primarily be used for empanelment with the Office of CAG for the purpose of appointment of auditors of Companies as per Section 139 (5) and 139(7) of the Companies Act 2013 and of Statutory Corporations/Autonomous Bodies as per the provisions of their respective Acts. However, the same may also be used for preparation of panels for other organisations such as Reserve Bank of India, Life Insurance Corporation of India etc. as and when requested for by such organisations.
|Related Information (PDF Copy):|
|FAQs about CAG Empanelment|
|CAG Directions 2014-2015 onwards under S.143(5) of CA 2013|
|CAG Terms & Conditions for Appointment of Auditors under S. 139 of CA 2013|
|CAG Policy of Empanelment|