EPFO has notified the EPF (Fifth Amendment) Scheme, 2017 and has amended the Para 68J (Advance for Illness) and Para 68N (Advance for Handicap Support Equipments) of the EPF Scheme, whereby Members can avail advance based on self-declaration only (i.e. certificate from doctor/ employer no more required), applicable w.e.f. 25 Apr. 2017, as under:
G.S.R.404(E).— In exercise of the powers conferred by section 5 read with sub-section (1) of section 7 of Employees’ Provident Funds and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952 (19 of 1952), the Central Government hereby makes the following Scheme, further to amend the Employees’ Provident Funds Scheme, 1952, namely:-
1. Short title and commencement.-
(1) The scheme may be called the Employees’ Provident Funds (Fifth Amendment) Scheme, 2017.
(2) It shall come into force on the date of its publication in the Official Gazette (i.e. 25 Apr. 2017).
2. In the Employees’ Provident Funds Scheme, 1952 (hereinafter referred to as the said Scheme), in paragraph 68J,-
(a) sub-paragraph (2) shall be omitted;
(b) proviso to sub-paragraph (3) shall be omitted;
(c) for sub-paragraph (6), the following sub-paragraph shall be substituted, namely;-
“(6) No advance shall be granted to the member under sub-paragraph (1) or sub-paragraph (3) unless he produces a self-declaration to that effect.”.
3. In the said Scheme, in para 68N, for sub-paragraph (2), the following sub-paragraph shall be substituted, namely:-
“(2) No advance shall be paid to the member under sub-paragraph (1) unless he produces a self declaration to that effect.”.
Note:- The Employees’ Provident Funds Scheme, 1952 was published in the Gazette of India Part II, Section 3, Sub Section (i) vide notification number SRO.1509, dated the 2nd September, 1952 and was lastly amended vide notification No. G.S.R. 351(E) dated the 12th April, 2017.