Result of GSTP Exam Held on 14 June 2019 for ‘Confirmation of Enrollment on GST Network’ by NACIN
NACIN has declared the results of last Computer Based GSTP exam conducted on 14 June 2019 for confirmation of enrollment on GST Network in the case of sales tax practitioners (STP) or tax return preparer (TRP) registered for a period of 5 years under the existing laws before GST Regime, registered under CGST Rule 83(1)(b), i.e. NACIN (CBIC) has declared the results of GSTP exam conducted last on 14 June 2019 for ‘Confirmation of Enrollment’ on GST Network under CGST Rule 83(3), in the case of GSTPs covered under CGST Rule 83(1)(b), as under:
In terms of Rule 83A(3) of CGST Rules, 2017, the examination is planned to be conducted twice in 2019 by NACIN. The next GSTP exam under STPEL/ TRPEL category shall be conducted on 12.12.2019 (from 1100 hrs to 1330 hrs) at designated examination centers, all across India. Such candidates may note that the examination scheduled to be held on 12.12.2019 will be their last chance to appear and pass the said examination, failing which they shall not be given another opportunity/ chance.
For clarification on the issue whether this GSTP exam is to be passed by all Chartered Accountants (CAs), etc. qualified professionals, please read Rule 83 of CGST Rules 2017: Provisions relating to a Goods and Services Tax (GST) Practitioner. It’s amply clear that there a separate category of GSTPs those who have to pass the exam, which is indicated in Clause (b) of Sub Rule (1) of Rule 83. This category of GSTPs represent the Sales Tax Practitioners (STPs) or Tax Return Preparers (TRPs) in the existing/ erstwhile VAT, Service Tax, etc. laws. However those who fall in clause (a) or (c) of the said Sub Rule (1) of Rule 83 need not go for this GSTP Exam.
NACIN (CBIC) Guidelines for GST Practitioner (GSTP) Exam under Rule 83A(9)
NACIN (CBIC) has issued the Guidelines for Online filing of Registration Application Form, Procedure for Conduct of GSTP Exam, Re-evaluation of Results (Post Exam Representation), etc., which are as under:
Important Dates Schedule: GSTP Exam dt. 12 Dec. 2019
|Commencement of on-line submission of application form||–|
|Last Date of submitting the details Application form||–|
|Hall Ticket / Admit Card can be downloaded (Tentative)||–|
|Date of Computer Based Test||12 Dec. 2019|
|Declaration of Result / Merit List (Tentative)||–|
Pattern and Syllabus of the GSTP Examination
A. PAPER: GST Law & Procedures
Time allowed: 2 hours and 30 minutes
Number of Multiple Choice Questions: 100
Language of Questions: English and Hindi
Maximum marks: 200
Qualifying marks: 100
No negative marking
8. All State Goods and Services Tax Rules, 2017
Note: As GST Law and Procedures are still evolving, the various items of the above syllabus will be considered as on 1.4.2019 for the purpose of this examination.
Technical Queries (GSTP Exam): Login, Photo/ Signature Upload, Payment
|Phone No.||022-6250 7718 (Timing 10:00 AM to 05:00 PM Monday to Saturday)|
Eligibility Queries (GSTP Exam)
|Phone No.||0129-2504 653 (Timing 10:00 AM to 05:00 PM Monday to Friday, on working days and hours only)|
Instructions for Candidates of GSTP Exam
Please carefully read the following instructions for filling up GSTP Exam application form:
1. Only those GST Practitioners are eligible to login who qualify the criteria specified at clause (b) of sub-rule (1) of rule 83 of the CGST Rules 2017 and whose enrolment on GST portal in terms of sub-rule (2) has already been approved as on 24.09.2018.
2. Candidates are required to login on Examination registration portal with the help of GST enrollment number (login id) and PAN no. (password).
3. The GST enrollment number has been provided to each eligible candidate by GSTN on his enrollment on the GST portal.
4. Application form will appear on the screen after a candidate successfully logs in.
5. Based on the GST enrollment number and PAN number provided by a candidate on the login page, the application form will auto-populate candidate’s data already available with the GST Network such as name, address, mobile number, email address etc. This data is the same which was provided by the candidate in Form PCT-01 while applying for enrollment as GST Practitioner on the GST portal.
6. Hence, in the online application form on this Examination registration portal, a candidate is required to fill in/provide only the following information/documents:
a) three choices of test centers (stations) from the drop-down menu,
b) soft copy of passport size photograph (File Type JPG, JPEG, PNG of Size 20 to 60 KB), and
c) soft copy of signatures(File Type JPG, JPEG, PNG of Size 10 to 30 KB).
7. The candidates will be prompted to choose from the following list of test centres (stations):
|Sr. No.||City Name||Sr. No.||City Name|
8. Once a candidate submits completed application form on the registration portal, he will be prompted to pay the examination fee of Rs 500 online.
9. On completion of online fee payment, the candidate will be guided to access ‘Candidate’s Dashboard’ from where the submitted application as well as Admit Card can be downloaded. Score card and Examination Certificate will also be made available for download on the same Dashboard.