ICAI announced that candidates of May 2020 CA Exams can choose to OPT OUT for Nov. 2020 Exam, without loosing their fee/ exemptions. Opt out window will remain open upto 27th June 2020. In other words, ICAI has provided an option for candidates to appear in exams being conducted from 29th July 2020 onwards or in Nov. 2020.
ICAI has further released a set of 22 FAQs, in view of various queries/ observations being raised by students/ members and other stake holders, in respect of the OPT-OUT option announced for candidates of May 2020 Exams.
During last few days, we have received mixed expression of opinions, views and requests from students, both relating to holding exams as per the schedule issued by The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India commencing from 29th July, 2020 or not holding exams in the prevailing COVID-19 pandemic situation.
Some students expressed concerns and anxiety on likelihood of spurt in COVID-19, availability of examination centre, students/ centre in containment zone, social distancing and sanitization, availability of transport and accommodation facilities, loss of examination fee already paid and carry forward of exemption in case the student is not able to appear in the July 2020 examination. However, large number of students showed their strong desire to appear in examination as per the announced schedule.
ICAI is committed to serve even if one student wish to appear in examination scheduled from 29th July 2020, still considering the prevailing COVID-19 situation and in the interest of mitigating the anxiety and hardships of students, it has been decided to provide an OPT-OUT option to students.
The students (who have already submitted online examination application for May 2020 Examination cycle) shall be allowed to OPT-OUT and carry forward their candidature to next examination i.e. November, 2020 examination cycle. In this case, the examination fees and exemption, if any, of the particular student will automatically be shifted and carried forward to next examination i.e. November 2020 cycle and this attempt (May 2020) will be treated as cancelled / not counted. The student will be required to apply afresh for November 2020 Examination cycle at the relevant time. His / Her Examination fees will be adjusted and differential fees, if any, will only be charged (In case he/she has filled the form for May 2020 exams for one group only and in November 2020 exams cycle, he/she opts to appear in both groups, then, he/she will be required to pay the differential fees).
Remaining students who will choose not to opt out and wish to appear for the exams commencing from 29th July 2020, the Institute is making all the required and necessary arrangements for smooth conduct of May 2020 examination (commencing from 29th July, 2020) across the globe including strict adherence to the precautions/ measures related to COVID–19 which cover thermal scanning, hands’ sanitization, wearing of masks, maintaining social distancing at all times, following Government guidelines, etc. for the examinees/ centre functionaries during the conduct of Chartered Accountant Examination.
However, situation of pandemic will be reviewed (COVID cases, MHA guidelines, Centre and State Government directions) in first week of July 2020 and status will be intimated to students who have not opted out. Further, conduct of examinations commencing from 29th July 2020 will be strictly dependent upon the then Government’s advisories which may be issued for the area in which a particular Centre is situated and in any such eventuality, the students will be accommodated to the November 2020 examination cycle.
Furthermore, for Students seeking change of examination centre for the exams commencing from 29th July, 2020, the online facility for seeking change of examination centre (for the students who have already submitted online examination application for May 2020 Examination cycle) will be available at http://icaiexam.icai.org from 17th June 2020 (Wednesday) 11 AM Onwards to 20th June 2020 (Saturday) 11.59 PM.
Intermediate (Integrated Professional Course) [IPCE-Old Course] will be extended for one more attempt i.e. November 2020 Examination cycle.
Procedure for availing OPT–OUT facility
(a) Submit a declaration online available at https://icaiexam.icai.org from 17th June 2020 (Wednesday) 11 AM Onwards to 20th June 2020 (Saturday) 11.59 PM.
(b) On submitting the declaration, candidature of the student for May 2020 Examination Cycle will be cancelled and he/she will be shifted to next Examination Cycle.
(c) Kindly note that once option for “Opt out” is taken, it will be treated as final. No request for its change will be entertained under any circumstances.
The candidates are are advised to note the above and stay in touch with the website of the Institute, www.icai.org
In view of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and in the interest of the well – being of students and to mitigate their hardships, as proactive measure for benefit and welfare of the students, an Important Announcement dated 15th June 2020 was issued inter alia extended an option to the examinees who have made applications for appearance in May 2020 examinations to Change the Centre of Examination or to “Opt-Out” of May 2020 Examinations and in lieu of it appear in November 2020 Examination with due carry over of the fees paid, exemptions etc.
The Institute is receiving various queries/ observations from the students/ members and other stake holders related to aforementioned announcement. In this regard for the benefit of students it is decided to prepare a set of FAQs with their answers. The FAQ’s will be uploaded on Institute website by today evening.
The candidates are advised to note the above and stay in touch with the website of the Institute, www.icai.org.
1. In continuation to Important Announcement dated 15th June 2020, in which students (who had already submitted online examination application for May 2020 Examination cycle) were given the “Opt Out” option and carry forward their candidature to next examination i.e. November, 2020 examination cycle from 17th June 2020 (Wednesday) 11 AM Onwards to 20th June 2020 (Saturday) upto 11.59 PM; accordingly this correction window will close today midnight.
2. In view of feedback received from the students who have already submitted online examination application for May 2020 Examination, the Examination Committee in its meeting held today considered the requests of students for allowance of some more time for exercising the Opt-Out option decided to extend the said window only till 27th June 2020 meaning thereby that the option to change centre will close from today midnight as already announced.
3. Therefore, students who at their own will decide of availing “Opt Out” option and wish to carry forward their candidature to next examination i.e. November, 2020 examination cycle may apply for opt out option & submit a declaration online available at https://icaiexam.icai.org latest by 27th June 2020 till 11.59 PM and accordingly a fresh window will open again valid for opt out only on 21st June 2020 at 11 AM.
4. On successful submission of declaration form online towards para 2 and 3 above , candidature of the student for May 2020 Examination Cycle will be cancelled and he/she will be shifted to the next Examination Cycle. Students may note that Option for “Opt out” once taken will be treated as final and no request for its change will be entertained under any circumstances.
5. The Candidates are advised to note the above and stay in touch with the website of the Institute, www.icai.org.
We have recently started sharing updates using Telegram App. In case you are using the Telegram app, then please JOIN our Channel 'CA Club Updates', using the link below (from a device where you are already logged in to Telegram App):