Provisions under Rule 100 of the Central Goods and Services Tax (CGST) Rules, 2017 relating to “Assessment in Certain Cases”, are as under:
CGST Rule 100: Assessment in Certain Cases (Chapter-XI: Assessment and Audit)
(1) The order of assessment made under sub-section (1) of section 62 shall be issued in FORM GST ASMT-13 and a summary thereof shall be uploaded electronically in FORM GST DRC-07.
(2) The proper officer shall issue a notice to a taxable person in accordance with the provisions of section 63 in FORM GST ASMT-14 containing the grounds on which the assessment is proposed to be made on best judgment basis and shall also serve a summary thereof electronically in FORM GST DRC-01, and after allowing a time of fifteen days to such person to furnish his reply, if any, pass an order in FORM GST ASMT-15 and summary thereof shall be uploaded electronically in FORM GST DRC07.
(3) The order of assessment under sub-section (1) of section 64 shall be issued in FORM GST ASMT-16 and a summary of the order shall be uploaded electronically in FORM GST DRC-07.
(4) The person referred to in sub-section (2) of section 64 may file an application for withdrawal of the assessment order in FORM GST ASMT–17.
(5) The order of withdrawal or, as the case may be, rejection of the application under sub-section (2) of section 64 shall be issued in FORM GST ASMT-18.
1. CGST Rule 100 substituted w.e.f. 1 April 2019 vide Notification 16/2019 Central Tax dt. 29 March 2019.
It may be noted that the above information is based on Updated CGST Rules 2017 (amended upto 5th May 2020), as compiled/ shared by CBIC (i.e. as notified/ amended upto 5th May 2020 by the CBIC). However, for detailed/ official information and/ or subsequent updates, please refer relevant Notifications. E&OE
Further, it may be noted that Rules 27 to 138 (pertaining to various Chapters) of the Central Goods and Services Tax (CGST) Rules, 2017 were initially notified by CBIC vide CGST (2nd Amendment) Rules, 2017 Notification No. 10/2017 Central Tax dt. 28 June 2017, applicable w.e.f. 1 July 2017 (or as may be specified in respective Rules).
|Section-wise/ Rule-wise Text of GST Acts/ Rules|
|CGST Act/ Definitions||CGST Rules|
|IGST Act/ Definitions||IGST Rules|
|UTGST Act/ Definitions||UTGST Rules|
We have recently started sharing updates using Telegram App. In case you are using the Telegram app, then please JOIN our Channel 'CA Club Updates', using the link below (from a device where you are already logged in to Telegram App):