Provisions under Section 103 of the Central Goods and Services Tax (CGST) Act, 2017 relating to “Applicability of Advance Ruling”, are as under:
Section 103 of CGST Act 2017: Applicability of Advance Ruling (CHAPTER XVII – ADVANCE RULING)
(1) The advance ruling pronounced by the Authority or the Appellate Authority under this Chapter shall be binding only—
(a) on the applicant who had sought it in respect of any matter referred to in sub-section (2) of section 97 for advance ruling;
(b) on the concerned officer or the jurisdictional officer in respect of the applicant.
(1A) The Advance Ruling pronounced by the National Appellate Authority under this Chapter shall be binding on—
(a) the applicants, being distinct persons, who had sought the ruling under sub-section (1) of section 101B and all registered persons having the same Permanent Account Number issued under the Income-tax Act, 1961;
(b) the concerned officers and the jurisdictional officers in respect of the applicants referred to in clause (a) and the registered persons having the same Permanent Account Number issued under the Income-tax Act, 1961.
(2) The advance ruling referred to in sub-section (1) and sub-section (1A) shall be binding unless the law, facts or circumstances supporting the original advance ruling have changed.
1. CBEC notifies 1st July 2017 as the Commencement date for Section 103 of the CGST Act 2017, vide Notification 9/2017 Central Tax.
2. Sub-section (1A) inserted vide Finance (No. 2) Act 2019. However, appointed date for this amendment is yet to be notified by the CBIC/ Govt.
3. In sub-section (2), the text “and sub-section (1A)” inserted after the text “in sub-section (1)” vide Finance (No. 2) Act 2019. However, appointed date for this amendment is yet to be notified by the CBIC/ Govt.
Govt. has notified the CGST Act, 2017 on 12th April, 2017, which has subsequently been amended through the CGST (Extension to J&K) Act 2017, Finance Act 2018, CGST Amendment Act 2018, Finance (No. 2) Act 2019, Finance Act 2020, Taxation and Other Laws (Relaxation of Certain Provisions) Ordinance 2020. Further, CBEC/ CBIC has also issued various Notifications from time to time, relating to the commencement date of various Sections/ Provisions in the respective CGST/ Amendment Acts, wherever required.
|Section-wise/ Rule-wise Text of GST Acts/ Rules|
|CGST Act/ Definitions||CGST Rules|
|IGST Act/ Definitions||IGST Rules|
|UTGST Act/ Definitions||UTGST Rules|