Provisions under Section 22 of the Integrated Goods and Services Tax (IGST) Act, 2017 relating to “Power to Make Rules”, are as under:
Section 22 of IGST Act 2017: Power to Make Rules (CHAPTER IX – MISCELLANEOUS)
(1) The Government may, on the recommendations of the Council, by notification, make rules for carrying out the provisions of this Act.
(2) Without prejudice to the generality of the provisions of sub-section (1), the Government may make rules for all or any of the matters which by this Act are required to be, or may be, prescribed or in respect of which provisions are to be or may be made by rules.
(3) The power to make rules conferred by this section shall include the power to give retrospective effect to the rules or any of them from a date not earlier than the date on which the provisions of this Act come into force.
(4) Any rules made under sub-section (1) may provide that a contravention thereof shall be liable to a penalty not exceeding ten thousand rupees.
1. CBEC notifies 1st July 2017 as the Commencement date for Section 22 of the IGST Act 2017, vide Notification 1/2017 Integrated Tax.
Govt. has notified the Integrated Goods and Services Tax (IGST) Act, 2017 on 12 April, 2017, followed with Integrated Goods and Services Tax (IGST) (Amendment) Act, 2018 on 30 Aug. 2018. CBEC/ CBIC has subsequently issued various Notifications on commencement date of various Sections/ Provisions of the IGST/ Amendment Acts from time to time, except where specifically mentioned in the respective IGST/ Amendment Acts.
|Section-wise/ Rule-wise Text of GST Acts/ Rules|
|CGST Act/ Definitions||CGST Rules|
|IGST Act/ Definitions||IGST Rules|
|UTGST Act/ Definitions||UTGST Rules|