Provisions under Section 30 of the Central Goods and Services Tax (CGST) Act, 2017 relating to “Revocation of Cancellation of Registration”, are as under:
Section 30 of CGST Act 2017: Revocation of Cancellation of Registration (CHAPTER VI – REGISTRATION)
(1) Subject to such conditions as may be prescribed, any registered person, whose registration is cancelled by the proper officer on his own motion, may apply to such officer for revocation of cancellation of the registration in the prescribed manner within thirty days from the date of service of the cancellation order.
Provided that the registered person who was served notice under sub-section (2) of section 29 in the manner as provided in clause (c) or clause (d) of sub-section (1) of section 169 and who could not reply to the said notice, thereby resulting in cancellation of his registration certificate and is hence unable to file application for revocation of cancellation of registration under sub-section (1) of section 30 of the Act, against such order passed up to 31.03.2019, shall be allowed to file application for revocation of cancellation of the registration not later than 22.07.2019. Provided that such period may, on sufficient cause being shown, and for reasons to be recorded in writing, be extended,-
(a) by the Additional Commissioner or the Joint Commissioner, as the case may be, for a period not exceeding thirty days;
(b) by the Commissioner, for a further period not exceeding thirty days, beyond the period specified in clause (a).
(2) The proper officer may, in such manner and within such period as may be prescribed, by order, either revoke cancellation of the registration or reject the application:
Provided that the application for revocation of cancellation of registration shall not be rejected unless the applicant has been given an opportunity of being heard.
(3) The revocation of cancellation of registration under the State Goods and Services Tax Act or the Union Territory Goods and Services Tax Act, as the case may be, shall be deemed to be a revocation of cancellation of registration under this Act.
1. CBEC notifies 22nd June 2017 as the Commencement date for Section 2 of the CGST Act 2017, vide Notification 1/2017 Central Tax.
2. Proviso to sub-section (1) inserted vide CBIC ROD Order 5/2019 GST dt. 23 April 2019.
3. Proviso to sub-section (1) substituted vide Section 122 of the Finance Act 2020 (No. 12 of 2020): GOI Notification dt. 27 March 2020, effective from a date to be notified separately in the Official Gazette.
Govt. has notified the CGST Act, 2017 on 12th April, 2017, which has subsequently been amended through the CGST (Extension to J&K) Act 2017, Finance Act 2018, CGST Amendment Act 2018, Finance (No. 2) Act 2019, Finance Act 2020, Taxation and Other Laws (Relaxation of Certain Provisions) Ordinance 2020. Further, CBEC/ CBIC has also issued various Notifications from time to time, relating to the commencement date of various Sections/ Provisions in the respective CGST/ Amendment Acts, wherever required.
|Section-wise/ Rule-wise Text of GST Acts/ Rules|
|CGST Act/ Definitions||CGST Rules|
|IGST Act/ Definitions||IGST Rules|
|UTGST Act/ Definitions||UTGST Rules|